The Career Search Has to Start Somewhere
Everyone wants it. You’ve been talking about it non-stop. It’s always a topic of conversation. Jobs! Careers! As of lately, job fairs have been an effective way to get people to partake in the never ending career search. Career fairs can be very important because of the incentives you’ll receive while attending. The networking with employers is quite important. You may come across the opportunity to interview with a potential employer or get notification of another company/organization that is hiring. You also gain the opportunity to meet company representatives and build relationships. On a personal level you also gain insight to various companies and organizations, you may have been curious about.
Here are a few job/Career Fairs that are coming up soon in Missouri:
- St. Peters-Callos Companies Recruiting Event Day 1& Day 2 | July 07 (4:30) July 8 (12:00)
- Joplin- Crossmark Hiring event Joplin | Dates 26- Aug, 2014
- St. Louis- 2014 STL Diversity Job Fair: St. Louis | Dates 20- Aug, 2014
Here are a few tips for preparing for a career fair:
- Prepare for basic questions: Why are you applying today? What makes you qualified?
- Prepare a 20 to 30 second introduction about yourself
- Dress appropriately
- Bring several copies of your resume
- Have a good handshake
- Use appropriate manners and mannerisms
- Be yourself, just a professional you